ARTIST & MUSICIAN
born in 1950, lives and works in Smolensk, Russia.
Vladislav Makarov is an abstract expressionist, his method of painting
is tachism and dripping. The distinguishing features of his works are musicality,
spontaneous energy and emotional pressure.
- 1985-87 Leningrad/The Association Of Experimental Art
- 1986-88 Budapest/ART of TODAY International exhibitions
- since 1987 exhibitions and actions of independent artists: Moscow,
Volgograd,Smolensk, Sverdlovsk, Kiev, Riga.
- 1991 Paris-auction
ONE-PERSON EXHIBITIONS, THE PERFORMANCES
- 1989 Moscow. The Museum Of Musical Culture
- 1990 Moscow. The Theatre "School of Dramatic Art" of Anatoly
- 1991 Hagen. Germany. Sudwestfalischen Industrie und Handelskammer
- 1991 Bochum. Germany. Vorraum Galerie.
- 1992 Smolensk. Russia. City Art Gallery
- 1994 Dresden. Germany. The International Workshop ALL&TAG.
- 1995 Hagen. Germany. Werkhof Galerie
- 1995 Muenster. Germany. Kunsthaus.
- 1995 St. Petersburg. The ART-Reality'95. Manege.
- 1996 Smolensk. The Central Exhibition Hall
- 1996 London. The Queen Elizabeth Hall. London Gallery
Vladislav Makarov as a musician follows the aesthetic creed of free
improvised music. Recently he has developed his own structural method of
Since 1979 he is performing as solo cellist-improviser and with various
musicians. He has been participant of many festivals, actions, concerts
of jazz, contemporary and avant-garde music: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl,
Volgograd, Ekaterinburg, Smolensk, Vologda, Arkhangelsk;
Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, Parnu, Kiev, Kharkov, Minsk, Lvov;
Berlin, Cologne, Muenster, Dresden, Hamburg, Dortmund, Hagen.
Makarov was and still is cooperating with Russian musicians:
S. Kuryokhin, S. Letov,
V. Ponomareva , Sainho,
V. Dudkin, M. Yudenich, N. Pshenichnikova, I. Zakharov,
A. Nesterov, V. Gayvoronsky, E. Sivkov,
A. Aigi a. o.
John Fisher, Fred Frith, Henry Kaiser, Greg Goodman, Jim
Menesis, LaDonna Smith (USA),
Elton Dean, Chris Cutler, Maggie Nichols, Phil Minton, V.ÊMiller, Alex
Erhard Hirt, Martin Teurer, Heinz-Erich
Goedecke, Alfred Harth, Hans Schuttler, Martin Verborg (Germany),
Ive Robert, Didier Petit, Misha Lobko (France)
Jacques Siron, Markus Eichenberger, Fahrt Art Trio, Duo Fatale (Switzerland),
Dror Feiler and "Lokomotiv-Konkret" (Sweden),
Ryoji Hojito (Japan).
- 1991-92 Music organizer of Smolensk Humanitarian Foundation Festivals
and various actions
- 1992 Participant of international project "MITROPA EUROPIUM"
(Berlin, Podewil with M. Bangerter, M. Nichols, V. Kuchan, T. Stanko a. o.)
- 1994 German tour with Moscow Composers Orchestra (Cologne-Hamburg-Kassel-Berlin)
- 1995 German tour - The Makarov Quartet (Hagen-Dortmund-Muenster)
- 1996 London. The Queen Elizabeth Hall "Unsung Music Festival"
- Document. New music from Russia. The 80-s. Leo Records CD LR 80
- Valentina Ponomareva. Iskushenie. Melodia C60-28293 (LP)
- Kings & cabbages. Moscow Composers Orchestra. Leo Records Laboratory
Leo Lab CD 005 (CD)
- Moscow Composers Orchestra & Sainkho. Life at City Garden. U-Sound
UD 95027 (CD)
- Outbursts. Quartet Miller-Makarov-Yudenich-Letov/Sivkov. Ascension
- Hagen Studio Trio. Makarov-Hirt-Verborg. Ton-Studio (MC)
- Space-Mythology-Silence. Makarov-Yudenich Duo. Europe+ Studio (MC)
Address: Bagrationa 12/13-59